Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Will Gmail ever go live?

Come on Google, Gmail has been a beta for almost two years now, and a release does not loom on the horizon. Why is that? I don't know anyone who does not have a gmail account, and with the 100 invitations that I (and probably everyone else) have available, any one who does not have an account can easily have one.

I would love to know what Google are waiting for. Are they afraid that they will release Gmail and end up with no users? or are they afraid that people will be complaining about missing features? Are they waiting to win some VC so that they can afford to host a live version of Gmail? Or are they waiting for Googleos to come live so that they can host Gmail on it?

I bet that Windows Live Mail will go live before Gmail.

Any thoughts anybody?

P.S. Did you know that when Google announced Gmail back in April 1, 2004, they said that Gmail will probably go live within 6 months? And what kills me the most, is that people dare to talk about the slipage in Windows Vista shipping!!!

sk8er boi

Note: Don't get me wrong, I am a Gmail fanatic. I am writing these words out of love for Gmail. Gmail is currently my email provider, and this status will remain unchanged at least until I get to play around with Windows Live Mail. When this happens, things may or may not change.

Update It's been a year since this post was made, and yet, there are no signs of when Gmail will go live. Microsoft Rocks ;-)

Tages: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Jacob Harris said...

You think that everyone get 100?!!! I only got 3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home