Tuesday, February 21, 2006

How dare they?

I just can't imagine how people after all these years still dare to complain about Windows being unstable?

My development machine has been running smoothly for 70 days and counting. I have a P4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM Windows Server 2003 powered machine. I have Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, BizTalk Server 2004 Enterprise Edition, AmberPoint Management Foundation, and IBM WebSphere MQ all running on the same Windows development (yeah, development) machine. It is still running perfectly, no memory leaks, no performance issues, no hanging applications, even with my average 4 Visual Studio concurrent running instances.

I am not sure what the record for the longest running Windows development machine is, but I really hope that I won't have to reboot my machine till the end of the year. Hold on, is there a way to install Vista without rebooting? Well, I guess am gonna have to order me a Vista dedicated box ;-)

sk8er boi

P.S. I drafted this post a couple of days ago with a plan to publish it over the next few days, and it looks like I have jinxed my machine. Today, while working on a project, Visual Studio stopped responding, so I closed it. But when I reopened my solution, VS loaded but then exited without any error message, I tried over and over, but no luck. I tried creating a new solution, but when ever I tried to add a project to it, VS exited. I ran VS setup to repair it, and it asked me for a restart! Yeah, a restart, how unlucky! What makes things worse, is that the problem wasn't fixed :( I had to use another machine to do my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home